Wednesday, July 04, 2007

MOR PICS & Video – Day 12-Altantuya Murder Trial; Siti Aisyah: Azilah killed Her; Rohaniza’s 5 contradictions; Threatened, Tortured & Promised Freedom

UPDATE: Day 13 Trial, Jul 04 2007, 10.19 pm

MORE Details in coming next blog
= = = =

DAY 13

July 04, 2007 21:21 PM
Some UTK Members May Bring Home Unused Explosives, Court Told

SHAH ALAM, July 4 (Bernama) -- A senior police officer told the High Court here Wednesday that it was possible for explosives not used during training are not returned by special action squad (UTK) personnel to the ordnance store.
The 11th witness in the trial for the murder of Altantuya Shaariibuu, Bukit Aman UTK deputy commander DSP Mastor Mohd Ariff (ABOVE), said yes when Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Tun Abdul Majid Tun Hamzah asked him whether the quantity of explosives taken out of the store was recorded. He also said in the affirmative when asked whether it was possible for the balance not used was not returned to the store. When asked: "Is it based on trust that materials not used need to be returned?", Mastor replied: "Yes." He said no records were made on the quantity of explosives used in training and there was also no clear procedure to inspect houses of UTK members for bullets, explosives and firearms.

So, he said, he had no knowledge of any officer or personnel of other ranks who kept such items at home. Generally, he said, there was a procedure requiring all personnel to return explosives not used during training to the ordnance store. Earlier, Mastor who has served with the UTK for 19 years, was asked whether he knew Chief Inspector Azilah Hadri and Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar and was asked to identify the two accused in court. He said he knew Azilah as UTK Combat Diving Unit Operations Inspector while Sirul as Communications Unit Corporal in the same unit. He also said each subordinate member in the unit was required to carry out their official duties by following all orders of their superiors without question."In other words, UTK members are like robots," asked Tun Abdul Majid.

"For subordinate members, yes. Like robots. Only receiving orders from superior members," Mastor said. He said that when carrying out his official duty, Azilah, though he was not Sirul's immediate officer, could give orders to Sirul and his instructions need to be followed without being questioned by subordinate personnel. He said that as UTK officer and personnel, the two accused were involved in assignments to escort VVIPs, namely the prime minister and deputy prime minister, and they were allowed to carry firearms when doing the job.

Azilah and Sirul had also undergone the basic training with explosives, he said and added each UTK member had to undergo such training. In the training, Mastor said, they were taught to identify the shapes and uses of explosive materials as well as the way of preparing an explosive charge. Besides that, he said, Azilah had undergone a combat diving specialised training and body-guarding -- a technique to guard VVIP whether on foot or in vehicle. He also said each UTK officer was allowed to carry firearm round-the-clock including when he was not on duty and they were not required to return the weapon to the store, except when they went on leave, throughout their service with the unit. "This is because for the officers, when they receive a call for an operation, they have to go straight to the location from their houses or quarters," he said.

He said a different rule applied to UTK subordinate members as they were allowed to carry and keep firearms only while on duty. Tun Abdul Majid: "Can you explain the procedure to take firearm out of armoury?" Mastor: "Each operative is required to fill an application form and is given the approval for six months for each application. It means, in each January they need to fill the form and the approval is valid until June. "Then, they only need to register out and register in the weapon at the store. If the assignment is more than a week, they need to sign a new entry on Friday each week." Tun Abdul Majid: "What about to take out firearm for training?" Mastor: "For officers, the weapon is considered belongs to them. For subordinate members, weapons come from the pool and kept in the armoury." Tun Abdul Majid: "Officers' weapons are with them?"

Mastor: "Only pistols. An Mp5 needs to be taken from the store. The same procedure is used for bullets."= = == =

More suspense with Sirul's confession tomorrow

DAY 13
SHAH ALAM (July 4, 2007): Expect more suspense in the Altantuya Shaariibuu murder trial tomorrow when the prosecution submits a confession made by Cpl Sirul Azhar Umar, 35, the second accused.The confession was made before the deputy commander of the Unit Tindakan Khas (UTK) or Special Action Squad in the Bukit Aman police headquarters on Nov 5, 2006.

"I'm introducing a confession which will ensure a trial within a trial. Perhaps we can continue tomorrow," said Deputy Public Prosecutor Tun Abdul Majid Tun Hamzah, who is heading the prosecution, today before the afternoon's proceedings ended.

The confession was made by Sirul to DSP Mastor Mohd Ariff on a flight from Pakistan to bring him (Sirul) back to Malaysia, reports Bernama.
Mastor, 45, the 11th prosecution witness, today testified that he was instructed to withdraw Sirul from his security duty in Pakistan at the time.
Mastor, who has served the police force for 25 years including 19 years with the UTK, said Sirul could not believe it when told that his duty of accompanying the Prime Minister in Pakistan was withdrawn and ordered to return to Malaysia immediately.

Mastor said Sirul kept pestering him to divulge the real reason for him to be asked to return to Malaysia as he was not safistied when told that he had to solve a problem over a police report lodged by his (Sirul's) ex-wife against him.
The witness said that on last Nov 4, he and another two UTK members left for Islamabad, Pakistan, after being instructed by the CID deputy director II to bring Sirul back.
He said he met up with Sirul in a hotel room there about five hours before their flight home. Originally, Sirul should return on Nov 9.

Mastor said Sirul agreed to return and they had to transit in Lahore and Bangkok enroute to Malaysia. Tun Majid: Before arriving in Bangkok, did the second accused (Sirul) ask you anything?
Mastor: Yes. In Lahore, he asked again the reason as he didn't believe that he was brought back due to his ex-wife's police report.
Tun Majid: What did you tell him?stor: I said I would tell him the real story after we left Bangkok by MAS (Malaysia Airlines) flight to KL.
Mastor said while they were on transit in Bangkok, Sirul asked him again and he replied "`when we get on the plane, I'll tell you".

"I've nothing to do with you ..."

SHAH ALAM (July 4, 2007): "I've got nothing to do with you. If you want to do anything, go ahead," Abdul Razak told Mongolian Russian interpreter Altantuya Shaariibuu in his office last August. These words were heard by the political analyst's secretary, Siti Aisyah Mohd Azlan, 24, when Altantuya met Abdul Razak at the front door of his office, the Malaysian Strategic Research Centre.

Siti Aisyah (ABOVE) who referred to Altantuya as Amina in her testimony in court, said it was a chance meeting as there was no prior appointment made.

Questioned by counsel Wong Kian Kheong (ABOVE)during cross-examination whether Abdul Razakhad hit or threatened Altantuya,
Siti Aisyah said "No".
Siti Aisyah, the 9th prosecution witness, said Abdul Razak did tell her about Altantuya's visit and that she had extorted money from him, adding that because of this, he told her not to let Altantuya into the office.

She said she also knew about the hiring of private investigator P.Balasubramaniam for the same purpose (to prevent Altantuya from seeing Abdul Razak).
Wong: You said Amina (Altantuya) came to the office three times. Did Amina also make phone calls to the office?
Siti Aisyah: Yes. She made several calls.
Wong: Did Amina tell you where she came from?
Siti Aisyah: She said she was calling from Korea. I did not ask her where she came from.
She said when Altantuya called or came to the office, she was never told that Abdul Razak threatened her, adding that she was also not told about the police report made by Altantuya against him.

Abdul Razak did casually tell her about the visit by an officer from the Special Action Squad (UTK) on Oct 18, she added.
Wong: Do you agree that that day was Chief Insp Azilah Hadri's first visit to the office?
Siti Aisyah: Yes, and his only visit.
Wong: Agree that after the meeting with Azilah, that Abdul Razak worked as usual?
Siti Aisyah: Agree.
Wong: Did Abdul Razak ask you to keep the meeting as confidential?
Siti Aisyah: No.
Siti Aisyah said as Abdul Razak's secretary, she knew that he frequently travelled overseas on official duty, including his trip to Hongkong on Oct 24 (first day of Hari Raya Puasa) and that his daughter Roweena and wife Mazlinda Makhzan would fly to England the next day.

Asked about Abdul Razak's character while she was working with him, Siti Aisyah said: "He was a good boss, funny and not violent." She said she also did not believe that Abdul Razak had abetted in the murder of Altantuya, adding that she did not know who committed the murder.

Wong: Did Abdul Razak tell you that police had told him that Azilah killed Altantuya?
Siti Aisyah: I can't remember. I'm also not sure whether Abdul Razak told me how he knew about the murder.
She said on Nov 7, Abdul azak went to the police station to give a statement but he did not tell her for what purpose.
During a 15-minute break, reporters teased Abdul Razak about him being funny. Smiling, he responded: "Well, I made some little jokes in the office."

Cross-examined by Hazman Ahmad, counsel for Azilah, Siti Aisyah said her testimony yesterday was based on what Abdul Razak had told her, that Azilah had killed Altantuya while she did not have the facts.

She admitted that the information was hearsay and did not know what transpired between Azilah and Abdul Razak when the two men met in the latter's office.

Hazman: Just now you said you did not know who murdered Amina (Altantuya). You did testify that he (Abdul Razak) said Azilah did it. Agree that at that time you had no personal knowledge of who committed the murder?

Siti Aisyah: Agree.

Hazman: You said Azilah accused Abdul Razak of ordering the murder of Altantuya. How did you know about this?

Siti Aisyah: Abdul Razak told me.

Hazman: Did you hear this being said by Azilah to Abdul Razak?

Siti Aisyah: No.

Hazman: Did you know whether it happened or not?

Siti Aisyah: I did not know.

The witness said she gave her cautioned statement to the police four times conducted by Chief Insp Shawal Osman and ASP Aidah Othman, and what she said in court was the same as her statement.

Hazman: Agree that since there were four statements recorded on the same matter, you could have given four different versions?

Siti Aisyah: I disagree.

Hazman: Agree that when there were four statements, you didn't tell thetruth?

Siti Aisyah: I disagree.

She also disagreed with Hazman's contention that there were certain facts in the cautioned statement that were suggested by the police.

Siti Aisyah said on Nov 7, DSP Lim Meng Seah came to the office to take Abdul Razak to the police station, and two to three days after that Abdul Razak returned to the office with a few police officers.

Earlier, before today's hearing began, the 13th day of the trial, the court staff made a "wise" move by fixing a microphone at the witness stand to make the proceedings audible for everyone in court.

Azilah, 30, and Cpl Sirul Azhar Umar, 35, both from the federal police Special Action Squad, are charged with murdering Altantuya, 28, in a location between Lot 12843 and Lot 16735, Mukim Bukit Raja, near here, between 10pm on Oct 19 and 1am on Oct 20. Abdul Razak, 46, is charged with abetment, committed in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur between 9.54am on Oct 18 and 9.45pm on Oct 19.

ABOVE: Day 13, wife Mazlinda and daughter Roweena waiting in vain for the wave from Abdul Razak as BOTH his hands were tied behind his back after complaints from other defence lawyers (see bottom story) that he was given special treatment

Security guard's quirky demeanour enlivens hearing

SHAH ALAM (July 4, 2007): The sometimes dead pan expression of a security guard and his extremely poor memory when testifying, enlivened today's hearing of the Altantuya Shaariibuu murder trial after 12 "tense" days. Mohamad Zaini Zainordin, 21, the chief security guard at the Lembaga Getah Asli Malaysia (LGAM) building, first took three minutes to remember his home address. Mohamad Zaini, the 10th prosecution witness, said he was on duty on the night of Oct 17 and completed his 12-hour shift the next day. When asked to read out one of the names recorded in the LGAM Visitors' Book, he said, "There's a name, Azilah binti (daughter of) Hadri, drawing laughter from the gallery including Azilah himself, the first accused. The witness was asked to look again at what was written in the visitors' book by Deputy Public Prosecutor Raya Hanim Rashid before giving his reply. In the book, the court was told, was an entry on the visit by Chief Insp Azilah Hadri, 31, from 9.54am to 11.05am, reports Bernama

However, Mohamad Zaini said he did not know who wrote it down.

Hanim: Who is responsible for the visitors' book? Is it not you as the head?

Zaini: (It's the responsibility of) anyone on duty at the security counter.

When asked to identify DSP Lim Meng Seah who had taken the book from him, Mohamad Zaini made a startled, comical expression.

Judge Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin seemed baffled over the witness holding such a responsibility of overseeing 10 other guards.

"Last year, you were aged 20 and already a chief security guard!" quipped the judge, drawing laughter from the gallery.

Altantuya murder trial: Azilah upset over photographers’ action

SHAH ALAM, Wed:, Bernama, Via NST

The first accused in the Altantuya Shaariibuu murder trial, Chief Inspector Azilah Hadri is upset that some media photographers yesterday had tried to pull away his jacket which he used to cover his face when he came to court. His feeling was conveyed by his counsel Hazman Ahmad in the High Court here today which is hearing the high-profile murder trial. Hazman said that yesterday, a group of photographers had encroached the police boundary and acted aggressively as Azilah, 30; Lance Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar, 35; and political analyst Abdul Razak Abdullah Baginda, 46; the other accused, were taken from the court to the lock-up. He said Azilah was also unhappy with the special treatment given to Abdul Razak’s wife, Mazlinda Makhzan who was allowed to accompany her husband to the lock-up, resulting in him and Sirul Azhar to be handcuffed separately at the back, as instructed by Bukit Aman. Judge Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin then asked whether the relatives of the first and second accused were given the same privilege.

Hazman: No. Azilah and Sirul Azhar were handcuffed at the back after the directive was given. Yesterday, there was a commotion on the way to the lock-up. The photographers encroached the police boundary and tried to pull my client’s jacket away. He’s asking for some space and not to be harassed by the media like that.

Mohd Zaki: What do you want the court to do?

Hazman: To advise them not to go beyond the boundary.

Mohd Zaki: This happened outside the courtroom.

Hazman: I have to inform the court. My client is under the court’s supervision.

Wong Kian Kheong, counsel for Abdul Razak, then said that his client was also handcuffed at the back like the other two accused.

Hazman said he did want the incident to happen again as it could disrupt the court proceedings, adding that yesterday it took him 15 minutes to persuade Azilah to return to the lock-up.

Wong said he was only informed about the purported special treatment for Abdul Razak’s wife this morning.

“It is not wrong for a wife to accompany her husband to the lock-up, but if instructed not to do so, we will abide. It’s not an issue,” he said.

Hazman: The issue here is that my client had his face covered but it is not against the lock-up rules. A serious thing happened yesterday when a photographer tried to remove the jacket from him.
To diffuse the situation, Mohd Zaki said the incident happened outside the courtroom over which he had no power to make a decision, but would ask the relevant parties to solve the problem. Meanwhile, outside the court, the photographers said the incident was not their doing and as there were so many of them, anything could happen during the commotion yesterday

ABOVE: Karpal Singh still watching carefully on behalf of the Mongolian family Shaariibuu Setev & its Government


= = == = == = == == = = == =
ABOVE: Under the cover of Darkness, the Dinner Picture was published H E R E and BELOW: when exposed under brighter Exposure using ACDSEE we can see the Halo around her face exposing it is a FAKE. Surprising they are NO halos around the other two faces. Now who is the missing one having dinner with them?

= = == == = ==== == = == = == = == ABOVE a closed up of the fake

ABOVE: The 3 accused arriving in court and BELOW: The policewoman Rohainiza Roslan who escpape impeachment now

= = == == == ==
ABOVE & BELOW: The shy Rohaniza Roslan arriving in court on Day 12

& More Pics coming , Check back

ABOVE & BELOW: The 9th witness , Siti Aisyah the Secretary of Abdul Razak on Day 12 testified " Azilah killed Altantuya" as told by her boss,

July 03, 2007 19:43 PM

Azilah Killed Altantuya, Says Razak Baginda's Secretary

SHAH ALAM, July 3 (Bernama) -- "Azilah from the Special Action Squad (UTK) was the man who killed Altantuya," announced the secretary of political analyst Abdul Razak Abdullah Baginda, shocking everyone in the High Court here today. Siti Aisyah Mohd Azlan, 24 (ABOVE) , from Rawang, testified that this was told to her by her boss (Abdul Razak) at his office on Nov 7 last year, about two weeks after Mongolian interpreter and part-time model Altantuya Shaariibuu was murdered at a location between Lot 12843 and Lot 16735, Mukim Bukit Raja, near here, between 10pm on Oct 19 and 1am on Oct 20, 2006.

Siti Aisyah, the 9th prosecution witness, said on that day (Nov 7), Abdul Razak had called her into his room and told her that something bad had befallen Altantuya.

DPP Tun Majid: What did he tell you?
Siti Aisyah: Razak said Amina (Altantuya) had died. I was shocked. He asked me whether I knew who did it. Then I asked him back who had done it. He said, `the UTK guy who came that day. His name is Azilah'.

Tun Majid: What else did he tell you?

Siti Aisyah: Razak said he was no ordinary policeman but a chief inspector. I then said that he (Azilah) should know not to do such a thing. Razak said Azilah seemed to be trying to accuse him of ordering him to kill Amina.

Siti Aisyah said Abdul Razak, the third accused, also told her that he did not ask Azilah to kill Altantuya, but had only asked the police officer to protect his home and family.
At this juncture, Azilah's counsel Hazman Ahmad stood up and objected to the witness' answer as her testimony, he said, was based on hearsay.
The objection was recorded by judge Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yassin, while two other counsels, Wong Kian Kheong and Kamarul Hisham Kamarudin, said they would address the matter after the witness finished testifying. Throughout her testimony, Siti Aisyah was frequently reminded by Deputy Public Prosecutor Tun Abdul Majid Tun Hamzah to speak loudly and clearly as her voice was too soft.

Judge Mohd Zaki added in jest: The DPP has told you many times to speak a little louder. Now I'm telling you to speak even louder like how I speak. My voice is clear, isn't it?
Earlier, Siti Aisyah had told the court about the visit by a man from the UTK to Abdul Razak' office on Oct 18, 2006 to see him.
"On that day, Abdul Razak had called the office to inform me that someone from the UTK would be coming to meet him," she said.
Siti Aisyah said after Abdul Razak arrived at the office, the UTK man mentioned by her boss came to the office about 9am.
Tun Majid: How did he come?
Siti Aisyah: When he came, I opened the door and asked him who he wanted to see. He asked whether it was Abdul Razak Baginda's office. I said yes. Then I asked who he was but he didn't introduce himself. But I thought he was the one who wanted to see Abdul Razak, so I let him in.

ABOVE: The office building of Abdul Razak

un Majid: After that?
Siti Aisyah: I asked him whether he was from UTK? He was surprised and asked me how I knew. I said Abdul Razak told me.
Siti Aisyah identified Azilah Hadri who was in the witness stand as the man from UTK and mentioned by her in her testimony.
She continued, saying that Azilah and Abdul Razak met in the meeting room of the office for about half an hour.
Siti Aisyah said she knew of the name, Azilah when Abdul Razak had called her into his room on Nov 7, 2006.

In the first 20 minutes of the hearing, the petite Siti Aisyah who was clad in a long-sleeved white shirt and grey pants, was questioned on Altantuya's appearance at Abdul Razak's office in August and October last year.
The witness who had worked with Abdul Razak for three years starting as a receptionist, said in August 2006, Altantuya who was also known as Amina, came alone to Abdul Razak's office at Bangunan Lembaga Getah Asli in Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.
She said on that day she saw Abdul Razak talking to Altantuya for a few minutes at the front door of the office at Level 10 of the building.
"Abdul Razak then went back to his room while Altantuya waited outside for 10 to 15 minutes. "Then Abdul Razak left the office with Altantuya following him into the lift."

Siti Aisyah said Altantuya came alone again to the office one morning during the fasting month last year. "She was at the front door but I ignored her. I contacted Razak through the intercom but he told me not to let her in," she added.

Tun Majid: When you ignored her, what did she do?
Siti Aisyah: She asked for pen and paper. I saw her writing something on the paper and asked me to give it to Abdul Razak which I did.
Tun Majid: Did you read the note.
Siti Aisyah: The next day Abdul Razak placed it (note) in the file tray. I kept it in the folder.
The witness said the note was surrendered to the police on Nov 13, 2006.
She said Altantuya came again within the same week, and this time she was accompanied by two women.

Tun Majid: What did she do?
Siti Aisyah: One of the women, with long hair and big-sized, pressed the bell. I told Abdul Razak that Amina came. At that time he was having a discussion with a visitor. I gave him a note which I wrote, `Don't come out first. She's here.'
Tun Majid: In the note you did not mention Amina, but the third accused could understand that `she' was Amina?
Siti Aisyah: Yes.
She said Altantuya then gave her an envelope to be given to Abdul Razak.
A few days later, Altantuya came again to the office with a letter for Abdul Razak.

Tun Majid: The first time she came, she asked for pen and paper and gave a note. The second time, an envelope and the third time, a letter. Did you realise that a note was slipped through the door? Siti Aisyah: She slipped an envelope through the door when she came the second time.
In her testimony, Siti Aisyah said she knew the name, Amina before the Mongolian woman's first visit to Abdul Razak's office as she had called the office to speak to her boss.

ABOVE: A glimpse of Baginda's wife Mazlina on Day 12 and BELOW: a shoulder to lean onto & cry?

== = == == = == = =
Prosecution submits five contradictions in Rohaniza’s testimony
SHAH ALAM (July 3, 2007): The prosecution in the murder trial of Mongolian Russian interpreter Altantuya Shaariibuu today submitted five contradictions in the testimony by L/Cpl Rohaniza Roslan in court yesterday from her cautioned statement recorded by the police last Nov 16. DPP Noorin Badaruddin submitted in court Rohaniza’s 16-page cautioned statement recorded in the Jalan Travers police station which was marked as an exhibit.

The prosecution is seeking to impeach Rohaniza, 26, its seventh witness, after it pointed out that the evidence given in her statement under Section 112 of the Criminal Procedure Code to police had contradicted her testimony.The five contradictions are:

1 In yesterday's testimony, Rohaniza said only the "Chinese woman" entered the Vitara car while (Chief Insp) Azilah (Hadri) did not before leaving Bukit Aman but in her cautioned statement she had said she saw Azilah and the Chinese woman getting into the Vitara car.
According to her cautioned statement: Later, Azilah got out and opened the left side door and brought along the Chinese woman into the Vitara car. I saw Azilah and the Chinese woman in the Vitara car.
2 In court Rohaniza said Azilah asked her to fetch him at the JalanDuta Toll or at the Rawang Toll but in her statement she had said at Jalan Duta Toll or at Sungai Buloh Toll.
In her statement: Azilah asked me to fetch him at the Sungai Buloh Toll, Jalan Duta. I can’t remember which one but I told Azilah that I don’t know how to get there, then Azilah asked me to pick him up at the special action squad office in Bukit Aman.

3 In court Rohaniza said on their way to Putrajaya, she did not ask at all about the Chinese woman but in her statement she had said she asked Azilah where is the woman and Azilah told her not to bother.
In her statement: On their way to Putrajaya, I asked Azilah where is the Chinese woman and Azilah told me not to bother. I kept quiet and did not pursue the matter. I asked about three times but Azilah told me to keep quiet. So, I kept quiet.
4 In court Rohaniza was asked on their trip from Sungai Pelik to Putrajaya, whether she had asked Azilah what happened to the Chinese woman and she said Azilah told her he did not know how the woman went missing suddenly but in her statement she had said Azilah told her nothing happened.
In her statement:
Police: Why did you ask Azilah about the woman three times?

Rohaniza: The way he spoke hinted that something was wrong.

When many times he replied the same and he told me not to bother, I felt something might have happened. I asked what’s wrong with the Chinese woman but Azilah said "there’s nothing". I said if he doesn’t want to say, it’s okay, I said I’ll check at the police station later.
5 n court yesterday, Rohaniza said she had enquired at two police stations - Travers and Brickfields - whether a foreigner had lodged a kidnap or rape report but in her statement she said there was a kidnap or sudden death report.

In her statement:
Police: You checked on what?
Rohaniza: Whether the foreign woman or a foreign family had lodged a report on kidnap or sudden death.
Police: Why did it crossed your mind to ask about sudden death?
Rohaniza: I was afraid someone would find the Chinese woman dead.

Police: I want to ask you again why did you think of kidnap or sudden death and not rape or assault? Rohaniza: I only thought about that. All of a sudden I saw his face turn sour as though there is a big problem, whether the Chinese woman was murdered or kidnapped.
Police: In your conversation did you say you suspected something amiss. What is your suspicion that prompted you to telephone the Jalan Travers and Brickfields police stations?

Rohaniza: I saw Azilah behaving strangely. That’s why I telephoned the police stations to enquire. I was afraid whether the Chinese woman’s family had lodged a police report about her disappearance. I enquired about sudden death as I also wanted to know whether a sudden death report was lodged involving a foreign national.
Police: How you would know something bad had happened to the Chinese woman when you don’t even know her name to enquire with the police.
Rohaniza: I merely enquired whether there was a sudden death or kidnap report lodged on a foreign national.
After going through and questioned on the five contradictions in her cautioned statement, Rohaniza said she was maintaining her evidence yesterday and believed that what she testified in the court was the truth, reports Bernama.

When Judge Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin sought clarification on the first contradiction (Azilah in the Vitara car), Rohaniza said: Actually, Azilah was not in the Vitara car.Mohd Zaki: This is far different. Between he was in the car and not in the car.
Rohaniza: My testimony in the court is correct. My cautioned statement is incorrect because I was under severe duress. I said one thing, police recorded another.
Rohaniza also said she was confined in a hotel and police pressured her. "Police pressuring police," said Mohd Zaki, bringing laughter in the tension-gripped courtroom.
Mohd Zaki: When you are pressured, you said Azilah was in the car?
Rohaniza: While I was remanded, they (policemen) tortured me, saying "Don’t tell us (Azilah) was not in the car, later you will be charged under 302 (section) not Azilah. So, I thought it’s okay ... let Azilah face it, I was only thinking of getting out of the lock-up.

On the contradiction between Sungai Buloh Toll and Rawang Toll (second contradiction), Rohaniza said she was not sure which toll and when testifying in court and giving cautioned statement she was only guessing.
Her cautioned statement on her enquiries about the Chinese woman to Azilah (third contradiction), Rohaniza said: "Actually, I did not ask anything at all, I only ask why he was late."

Mohd Zaki: Why is the difference?
Rohaniza: I can’t remember. I think I did not ask.
She also clarified on her fourth contradiction about her enquiries on the Chinese woman: "I can’t remember but I think it’s the same.
Mohd Zaki: You said Azilah told you the Chinese woman suddenly disappeared, did it really happen?
Rohaniza: Yes. He was worried.
On her clarification on the last contradiction (sudden death report), Rohaniza said she cannot remember that Chief Insp Saheela Abu Bakar (police officer who recorded cautioned statement) recorded the same.
After Mohd Zaki allowed the defence and prosecution to question Rohaniza on her clarifications, Noorin asked whether Rohaniza read and signed her cautioned statement, she replied: Yes.
Mohd Zaki then ruled that the submission on the impeachment proceedings be made at the end of the prosecution case before he makes a decision.
Hearing continues tomorrow.
= = == = = == = =

Azilah adviced Altantuya in lowered tone, court told
SHAH ALAM (July 3, 2007): L/Cpl Rohaniza Roslan told the High Court here today that her boyfriend, Chief Insp Azilah Hadri, had advised Altantuya Shaariibu in lowered tone.

It sounded like "a mother’s advice to her child", she said when cross-examined by counsel Hazman Ahmad who represented Azilah who is jointly charged with murdering the Mongolian woman with Cpl Sirul Azhar Umar. During examination-in-chief on Friday (June 29), Rohaniza, 29, said Azilah had advised Altantuya not to harass Abdul Razak Abdullah Baginda and his family but to meet him personally in his office. Abdul Razak is alleged to have abetted Azilah and Sirul Azhar in the murder.

Questioned by lawyer Wong Kian Kheong, whether she knew and had met his client, Abdul Razak, Rohaniza said: Never. Judge Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin also posed a question to Rohaniza on why she sent Azilah to Putrajaya. She replied: I sent Azilah to a lodging house for special action squad personnel. The house is provided for personnel who accompany the prime minister and deputy prime minister. Azilah stays in Desa Aman near Kerinchi. Before today’s proceedings began at 9.25am, Mohd Zaki said the trial would continue until end of the month. The hearing continues tomorrow, Bernama reports.
= = == == == = = = =

July 03, 2007 16:31 PM
Police Officer Promised To Free Her And Azilah, Says Witness
SHAH ALAM, July 3 (Bernama) -- The girlfriend of Chief Inspector Azilah Hadri told the High Court here Tuesday that before her cautioned statement was taken, a police officer from the Serious Crime Unit offered to free her and Azilah from the charge of murdering Mongolian Altantuya Shaariibuu.

Lance Corporal Rohaniza Roslan, 29, said the officer who took her cautioned statement also promised to shorten her remand period. She said because of the promises, she agreed with whatever was stated in the cautioned statement made under Section 112 of the Criminal Procedure Code on Nov 16, 2006. However, Rohaniza could not remember the name of the officer but said the same promises were made to her by a number of officers from the Technical Assistance Unit while she was in remand for 14 days.

Rohaniza, the prosecution's 7th witness, was testifying in the murder trial during cross-examination by Hazman Ahmad, counsel for Azilah. The trial entered its 12th day today.
The cross-examination was made after judge Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yassin allowed all parties to question Rohaniza over five discrepancies between her testimony yesterday and her cautioned statement.
Hazman: Were you promised anything if you testified?
Rohaniza: He said that not only that I would be freed, but Azilah too.
Hazman: Who was he?
Rohaniza: One of the officers who recorded the statement. Officer D6, D9. Can't remember the name.
Hazman: Do you agree that after too much being recorded, you were confused.
Rohaniza: Agree.
She also claimed that she was threatened, verbally abused and pressured by many police personnel while being in remand from Nov 1 to 14, 2006 and the situation made her confused over her involvement in the case.
Questions and facts recorded were also different?
Rohaniza: Agree.
Hazaman: Did the recording officers write differently for one cautioned statement or for all?
Rohaniza: All.
Rohaniza told the court that the discrepancies in the statements arose as she felt frustrated and pressured because of the "torture". Asked how she felt as a police personnel she was placed with other detainees while in remand, Rohaniza said: "I felt ashamed and distressed. Before that, I had been watching over them, but suddenly I was detained in the lock-up." She also claimed that the recording officers did not record what she said (pertaining to the case) but otherwise in all her cautioned statements. She said two days before she gave her statement to Chief Inspector Saheela Abu Bakar at Bukit Aman, she was placed in a hotel and guarded to prevent her from leaving the hotel. She added that she was also not allowed to contact anyone except her housemate and was not told why she was brought to the hotel. "I was under duress. I did not feel free although my remand period had ended. I was anxiously wondering whether I would be charged," she said.

Rohaniza who has served nine years in the police force, said she did not know who ordered that she be confined, but she was brought there by DSP Gan Tack Guan, ASP Tonny Lunggan and constable Maz. Questioned by Kamarul Hisham Kamaruddin, counsel for Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar, whether she could concentrate when giving her cautioned statement, Rohaniza said she could not.

= = = == = = == = == =
July 03, 2007 14:36 PM
I Was Confined, Threatened And Tortured By Cops - Rohaniza
SHAH ALAM, July 3 (Bernama) -- Lance Corporal Rohaniza Roslan told the murder trial of Mongolian beauty Altantuya Shaariibuu that she was confined, threatened and tortured by police before recording her cautioned statement at the federal police headquarters in Bukit Aman. Rohaniza, 29, the girlfriend of Chief Inspector Azilah Hadri, the first accused in the widely-followed murder trial, said this when asked by the court to clarify on the five material contradictions in her testimony during examination-in-chief yesterday from her cautioned statement given to police on Nov 16 last year.

Rohaniza, the seventh prosecution witness, said her cautioned statement to the police was not true as it was made under duress. She also claimed the police had recorded her statement on matters which she did not mentioned.

Rohaniza, who is attached to the Petaling Jaya district police headquarters, was testifying on the 12th day of the high-profile murder trial. Earlier, Rohaniza testified that one week before the trial began she received a phone call from a mysterious caller threatening to shoot her if she becomes a witness in the trial.

Rohaniza said the threat came from a Malay man on June 11. However, she could not recognise the caller's voice and his telephone number registered on the screen of her handphone. "The caller said don't be a witness or you'll be shot," said Rohaniza. Following the life-threatening call and worried over her safety, Rohaniza said she lodged a police report on the same day.

Azilah, 30, and Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar, 35, both from the police special action squad, are charged with murdering Altantuya, 28, at lots between 12843 and 16735 in Mukim Bukit Raja here between 10pm on Oct 19 and 1am on Oct 20 last year.

Political analyst Abdul Razak Baginda, 46, is charged with abetting the two.The three face the death sentence if convicted. In a surprise turn of events yesterday, the prosecution accused Rohaniza, who is its star witness in the trial, of lying in court. Three hours into her testimony, DPP Noorin Badaruddin abruptly stopped her examination-in-chief and stunned the court when she told the judge that the prosecution intended to impeach Rohaniza's testimony.

DPP Tun Abd Majid Tun Hamzah, who is leading the prosecution team, informed Justice Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin that the prosecution needed more time to study the witness' cautioned statement. He sought the court's permission to adjourn the trial to today for them to complete the task. The prosecution lodged a police report against her, alleging that she had committed perjury, an offence carrying a maximum 10 years' jail, upon conviction. The report was lodged yesterday evening by ASP Tonny Lunggan, who is one of the investigating officers, at the Shah Alam district police headquarters.
= = == = == == = =
July 03, 2007 12:21 PM

I Received Threatening Call To Shoot Me - Rohaniza

SHAH ALAM, July 3 (Benama) -- Lance Corporal Rohaniza Roslan received a phone call from a mysterious caller threatening to shoot her if she becomes a witness in the murder trial of Mongolian model Altantuya Shaariibuu one week before the start of the high-profile trial, the High Court here heard Tuesday. Rohaniza, 29, the seventh prosecution witness, said she received the threat through the telephone from a Malay man on June 11.

She, however, could not recognise the caller's voice and his telephone number registered on the screen of her handphone."The caller said don't be a witness or you'll be shot," said Rohaniza, who is the girlfriend of Chief Inspector Azilah Hadri, one of the two accused of Altantuya's murder.Political analyst Abdul Razak Baginda, 46, is charged with abetting the two.

Following the life-threatening call and worried over her safety, Rohaniza, who is attached to the Petaling Jaya district police headquarters, said she lodged a police report on the same day.Azilah, 30, and Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar, 35, both from the police special action squad, are charged with murdering Altantuya, 28, at lots between 12843 and 16735 in Mukim Bukit Raja here between 10pm on Oct 19 and Iam on Oct 20 last year. Azilah, Sirul Azhar and Abdul Razak face the death sentence if convicted
= = == = =

Altantuya's Father And Cousin Return To Mongolia

SEPANG, July 3 (Bernama) -- The father of murdered Mongolian part-time model Altantuya, Dr Setev Shaariibuu and her cousin Burmaa Oyunchimeg left for Mongolia after midnight after they had testified in the murder trial at the Shah Alam High Court.

The two had been in Malaysia for one month since they arrived here to give evidence in the high-profile trial. Dr Shaariibuu and Burma arrived at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport here at 10.30pm today accompanied by Mongolia's honorary consul in Malaysia Datuk Syed Abdul Rahman Alhabshi and five policemen, to wait for their flight home.

Before the Mongolians' departure, Syed Abdul Rahman presented them with a portrait of Altantuya made from pins by Nicole King of Damansara. He said the present was a show of support and sympathy for the tragedy that had befallen the family. The two Mongolians were friendly and thanked the media representatives who had waited at the airport for them since 10pm. They left on a Malaysia Airlines flight at 1am and will transit in South Korea enroute to Mongolia. Dr Shaariibuu was the second witness and Burmaa or Amy the sixth at the murder trial which began on June 18. The other Mongolian witnesses, Altantuya's cousin Namiraa Gerelmaa and friend Uurintuuya Gal-Ochir, the third and fourth witness, left for Mongolia last Saturday.

= = ==Watch the Video Clip (2 min 9s) , Day 12 Trial

= == = == == == = == = == =

last report from Altantuya, from STAR, Jul 04 2007

Altantuya claimed she would be killed by Razak, witness tells court

MONGOLIAN translator Altantuya Shaariibuu lodged a police report the day she went missing, alleging that she was afraid that a man named “Razak Baginda” would kill her.
The report, tendered through eighth prosecution witness Kons Nurwazlihawa Ibrahim, was. typed by herself at the Jalan Tun H.S. Lee police station at 1pm on Oct 19
The 19-year-old constable said the report was written in English and since she was not well versed in the language, she had asked a colleague, Kons Mohd Salleh Ibrahim to explain to her what the report was about. “Salleh told me that the complainant (Altantuya) had alleged that a man named Razak Baginda had hired a few men to tail her.
Kons Nurwazlihawa: Asked her colleague to explain the contents of the report.
“Apart from that, he said the complainant was afraid that her life was in danger and she would be killed by Razak Baginda,” she told the High Court yesterday during examination by lead DPP Tun Abd Majid Tun Hamzah.
Cross-examined by Abdul Razak Baginda’s counsel Wong Kian Kheong, Kons Nurwazlihawa said Altantuya had mentioned in the police report that she was a student.
Among the things Altantuya had mentioned in the report were threats that she had received and that if something were to happen to her the police should check on Razak.

The following is the report in verbatim:

My name is Shaariibuu Altantuya. I came from Mongolia to see
my boyfriend. The I am here is want to see my boyfriend. To see you lover is
nothing criminal rigth? Yes I was in shock I wrote some stupid letters to him
where I said I kill myself I want help. Yes I try to blackmail him. Maybe it’s
my fault but now I really understand he doesn’t loves me anymore and I need to
stop that I asked money from him to go back. how he promised to me.
He lied
to me to help and ruin my life. I came to KL to see him to face to face and ask
why acting like that. Maybe rich person and he got family doin this. But when I
come I did something stupid I write letter where I said kill myself and things
like that. But now he got letters of mine and trying to scare me or kill me. He
hide some Indian guys and always follow me. They staying outside of my hotel at
hotel Malaya Jalan Hang Lekiu and coming to my room knocking the door. What
going on between Mr Razak Baginda and me its I hope our problem rigth. In life
many times happened this kind of situation. But he trying now to scare me to put
to jail. He got connection in government. He got connection in police and
scaring me. For 2 and half years I been his lover. He promise so that the why I
came here. But now he got fake papers with my signature and dere not my passport
number. He trying to put me to jail. Of course his rich men. He can do
that. But now life is in danger Im really scared to even go out. Because he have
my letters and all proof if I die or catch by police or go to jail they can show
the papers.
Only reason I’m here because he ruined my life with lies. But
now he even trying to sent me away with his friends and trying to scare me and
kill me. Maybe I did wrong and blackmailed him but now he trying to kill me.

I want to go back safely. Because of this mans, I delay my ticket
and now I’m in trouble. I connected to embassy of Mongolia in Hong Kong its
closes Embassy to KL.

I told all story. I got friend here to help
me but he said I need to be carefull because his rich man. Can everything do to
me. Now he could easyly kill me or put to jail and says I did write letters. I
blackmailed him. So all proofness on my case can ask from embassy in Honk Kong
or hotel where I stay. Its hotel Malaya. One of the Indian man is Suraj, another
is Bala. They saying they protect the boss. If they do job why they follow me
and knocking my door at 5am at morning and acting like friend. Why they
asking me to pay money and asking to marry that Indian guy. They follow me from
my hotel outside to any place I go. If they protect the boss why they saying to
my pir that they can kill me? That Indian guy told me Mr Razak is rich man, he
knows many people here so can easyly put me to jail. They say Malaysia is
different from Mongolia and said they know people in police so can easy get me
to jail. If Malaysia law goes like that I cant complane. But true is I didnt
nothing to him. Im just normal girl trying to meet my lover who lied to me and
promised many things but now want to put me to jail or kill...
If I made
mistake Ill never do again. But if something happened to me please check that


Blogger desiderata said...

MWT: Good analysis of "fake photo".

And congrats once again for most comprehesnive "factual" collation of news coverage...jest one Q: How do you find the time ah?

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get complete protection against viruses, worms and Trojan horse programs – CA Anti-Virus 2008! Click here for cheap hotels
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Multidimid. Make your own badge here.
Blogroll Me!

Your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Add to Google Add to Google