Friday, June 22, 2007

MORE PICS & Video – Day 4-Altantuya Murder Trial; She Came Twice -2006 to see a Baginda; had an affair; Abdul Razak - No Instructions to kill or harm

at last Video clip (within Clip ) loaded... see bottom for link

Update, Day 5 Drama... a glimpse of the response to Harassment & Punching Charge by Altantuya's father Shaariibuu Setev (More in Day 5 posting ...soon)

ABOVE: Mazlinda retorted: Is it possible? In a court. What a lie!" and BELOW: was seen rushing hurriedly down the stairs,; to have a glimpse of hubby?
= = == = =

ABOVE: An artist impression of what is "inside" the courtroom and BELOW: the three accused; from Left - Abdul Razak Baginda, Cpl Sirul and C/Insp Azilah
= = == = == == = == = == = = =

ABOVE: a counsel addressing the court and BELOW: the lead counsel K K Wong for Abdul Razak Baginda

DAY 4 Trial - What happened today* Private investigator P. Balasubramaniam continues second day of cross-examination by accused Kpl Sirul Azhar's lawyer, Kamarul Hisham Kamaruddin, and later by lawyer for Abdul Razak Baginda, Wong Kian Kheong. * Just before court adjourned, Altantuya's father Dr Shaariibuu Setev took to the witness stand. He will continue today.
More pics loading...
ABOVE: the highlights, PI = Private Investigator , P Balasubramaniam; NO POLICE REPORT????, see the Affidavit read out by Abdul Razak Counsel, K K Wong on Jan 19 07 (when applying bail, details H E R E)
Extract below:
"The political analyst said sometime towards the end of 2005, he stopped giving Altantuya money and lodged a police report on Oct 23 last year as "I could not tolerate her nuisance". By narrating what happened before and after Altantuya’s death, Wong was trying to show the court that Abdul Razak did not participate in the crime and that the bail application should be allowed"Facts are changing when you talk in Tamil) but TRUTH remains.... the police can ascertained this
NOTE: on Friday Day 5 of Trial, 22nd Jun 07); Amy was shocked that the facts in her police report have "changed"! - More details in next post
= == = = == == =
Atantatuya's dad testifies

Says daughter visited Malaysia twice last year
R.Surenthira Kumar and S. Tamarai Chelvi from SUN

SHAH ALAM (June 21, 2007): Murder victim Altantuya Shaariibuu's outspoken father Dr Shaariibuu Setev told the High Court just before it adjourned today that his daughter came to Malaysia to see a person by the name of "Baginda".

Setev, who had issued a number of press statements in the run-up to the trial, said his daughter came to Malaysia twice last year - in August and October. He said he quizzed Altantuya why she liked Malaysia so much and she confessed that she had met a man called "Baginda".
Setev, who is the prosecution's second witness, will continue his testimony tomorrow.

Earlier, defence lawyers continued their cross-examination of first witness private investigator P. Balasubramaniam, who was hired by Abdul Razak Baginda to keep watch on Altantuya last October.
To questions by the political analyst's lawyer Wong Kian Kheong, he said:
* Abdul Razak did not instruct him to kill Mongolian Altantuya or to harm her;
* He agreed that during a meeting at Naga's Restaurant in Brickfields, Abdul Razak and his lawyer Dhiren Norendra had told him to wait until Altantuya ran out of money and then she would return to Mongolia without any untoward incident taking place;
* He terminated the services of his assistant Saras Kumar last Oct 18 on Abdul Razak's instruction as he was seen being friendly with the two Mongolian women who came with Altantuya to meet Abdul Razak at his office;

* Altantuya's cousin Burmaa Oyunchimeg or better known as Amy, who is to be a prosecution witness, made the photographers' day when she allowed them to take pictures of her.
She was earlier wearing dark glass and a hat and always kept her head down. Today, she even flashed a sweet smile.
Amy's name came up during yesterday's hearing, when Balasubramaniam said Abdul Razak had told him that "Altantuya's sister, Amy" had been disturbing him by sending him nasty SMSes and calling him.

Dad: It was Altantuya's second trip to M'sia

SHAH ALAM (June 21, 2007): Altantuya Shaariibuu's father told the High Court today her daughter had told him before her second trip here last year - in October - that she was to meet a person named Baginda.

Dr Shaariibuu Setev, a professor attached to the National University of Mongolia, told judge Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin this after taking the stand as the prosecution's second witness, minutes before court adjourned.
Replying to a question from Deputy Public Prosecutor Manoj Kurup, the 52-year-old, who stated his profession as teacher, told the court Altantuya, 28, mentioned Baginda's name after he asked her why she was going to Malaysia for a second time last year - the first being in August. "I asked why you like
Malaysia so much? Why do you want to go there?" said Shaariibuu.

"You already went there before, why are you going there again? Do you have a reason? Do you have somebody ... or anybody there?" When Manoj asked what Altantuya's reply was, he said Altantuya then admitted she knew someone.
Setev said he then asked her the nature of their relationship and she replied that she had met a guy and he was Baginda.

The court then adjourned hearing to tomorrow as it was already 4.50pm.

Earlier, when Shaariibuu was called to testify, lawyer Wong Kian Kheong, acting for political analyst Abdul Razak, objected to his testimony. He said the court has to ascertain whether what Altantuya told her father was true and the court has to compare with the cautioned statement recorded by the police from Shaariibuu. Mohd Zaki however dismissed Wong's objection and told Manoj to continue with his examination-in-chief. Shaariibuu told the court he had two daughters, the eldest being Altantuya and her younger sister is Altanzul, 28. Altanzul, he said, lived with him in apartment number 56, Bayangol district, 18 Khoor in Ulan Bator, Mongolia.

Asked if Altanzul is working, Shaariibuu said she had just given birth and that she previously worked with a Russian company. Turning to Altantuya's background, Manoj asked Shaariibuu whether her late daughter stayed with him and he replied she lived on her own with her two children. When Manoj asked if Altantuya was married, he said:

"No, she wasn't married." On her occupation, Shaariibuu said Altantuya worked as an interpreter and translator and that she travelled a lot, especially to China, and that it was a norm for Mongolians to travel to China."Can you name us some of the countries she had travelled to?" asked Manoj. He replied Altantuya travelled to Singapore, Malaysia, China and other countries but did not state the countries. Manoj then asked Shaariibuu about Altantuya's trips to Malaysia. He said his daughter first came here about two years ago but he could not remember exactly the month. Asked how he knew about this, Shaariibuu said Altantuya told him after he asked her about the trip.

'Razak didn't want any untoward incident'

SHAH ALAM (June 21, 2007): Abdul Razak Baginda and his family lawyer, Dhiren Norendra, had told private investigator P. Balasubramaniam to wait until Altantuya Shaariibu ran out of money as she would then have to go back to Mongolia, the High Court heard today. Testifying under cross-examination by Abdul Razak's lawyer, Wong Kian Kheong, Balasubramaniam was asked about a meeting between him, Abdul Razak and Dhiren in Naga's Restaurant, Brickfields.

Wong: Do you agree Abdul Razak and Dhiren did not want any untoward incident to happen to Altantuya?
Balasubramaniam: Yes.
Wong: Do you agree Abdul Razak told you he did not want any publicity, in the presence of Dhiren?
Balasubramaniam: Agree.
Wong: Do you agree that both Abdul Razak and Dhiren told you ... wait until Altantuya run out of money and she will go back to
Mongolia, without having any untoward incidents taking place?
Balasubramaniam: Agree.
Wong: Just like what happened, in August 2006, when you were appointed for a week and nothing (untoward incident) happened?
Balasubramaniam: Agree.
To another question earlier, Balasubramaniam, 47, said Abdul Razak never asked him to kill Altantuya at any time.

Wong: (Do you) agree, you being a former policeman, you will lodge a police report if anyone asks you to kill someone?
Balasubramaniam: Yes.

Balasubramaniam also said earlier that he was assigned to guard Abdul Razak's office in Bangunan Lembaga Getah Asli Malaysia for a week in August 2006 and that he knew only three people - a receptionist and two other women - who worked for Abdul Razak.

Wong said Abdul Razak did not want any untoward incident, did not want any publicity, wanted to wait until Altantuya ran out of money and that he was planning to leave for Hongkong on Oct 24 (the first day of Hari Raya), and his wife Mazlinda Makhzan and daughter Rowena were planning to leave for London to prepare for her education on Oct 25.

Because of this, Wong suggested to Balasubramaniam that Abdul Razak need not lodge a police report, to which Balasubramaniam agreed.

Shaariibuu friendly with journalists today

SHAH ALAM (June 21, 2007): Shaariibuu Setev, the father of murdered Mongolian model Altantuya Shaariibuu, was friendly with journalists, press photographers and television cameramen who jostled to snap his picture when he arrived for his daughter's murder trial in the High Court here. This was unlike the last three days since the high-profile trial started on Monday (June 18), Shaariibuu, 57, appeared nervous and put on a sour face.He was a picture of change today, smiling and waving at journalists, press photographers and cameramen when they called out his name.He also flashed a "thumbs-up" sign to them as he arrived at the court building this morning for the trial which entered the fourth day.

Shaariibuu's niece, Burmaa Oyunchimeg or better known as "Amy", also showed up in court without her dark sunglasses she had been wearing since the start of the trial, Bernama reported today. Mongolia's honorary consul in Malaysia Datuk Syed Abdul Rahman Alhabshi said Amy did not wear her sunglasses following his advice and after being persuaded several times not to conceal her face from being photographed. However, Shaariibuu's another niece, Gal-Ochir Uuriintuya, and Altantuya's friend, Namiraa Gerelma, still wore sunglasses. They are here for the Altantuya's murder trial.

Chief Insp Azilah Hadri, 30, and Cpl Sirul Azhar Umar, 35, both attached to the Bukit Aman Special Action Squad, are charged with murdering Altantuya, 28, in a location between lots 12843 and 16735 in Mukim Bukit Raja here between 10pm on Oct 19 and 1am on Oct 20. Political analyst Abdul Razak Baginda, 46, is charged with abetting them.

Razak Baginda's wife satisfied with media reports

SHAH ALAM (June 21, 2007): Mazlinda Makhzan, the wife of political analyst Abdul Razak Baginda, who is on trial for alleged abetment in the murder of Mongolian Altantuya Shariibuu, is satisfied with media reports on the case.

"I was pleased with the pictures and headline carried by Utusan (Malaysia). Alhamdulillah (Thank God) the reporting has been accurate," she told reporters when met during lunch break of today's proceedings of the high profile case in the High Court here. "Razak has been fasting and also has not been able to sleep well since he was detained six months ago. Our daughter Rowena has also not been able to sleep soundly," said Mazlina, who is a former magistrate.

Appearing composed, she said Rowena, who is taking a year's break from her studies (in England) to be with the family to follow her father's court case, "is a good girl who never misses her prayers". Asked if the ordeal of having to come to court daily had been tiring for them and Razak's other family members, Mazlinda said she was fullfiling her duties as Razak's wife and added: "Same as you (reporters), doing your jobs." Bernama reported today Mazlinda and her daughter, who have never missed a single day in court since her husband was charged, were accompanied by her and Razak's family members when approached by the media. Abdul Razak, 46, is charged with abetting Chief Insp Azilah Hadri andCpl Sirul Azhar to commit the murder of Altantuya, 28, in the Federal Territory between 9.54am on Oct 18 and 9.45pm the following day.

Azilah, 30, and Sirul Azhar Umar, 35, of the Bukit Aman Special Action Squad are alleged to have murdered Altantuya in a location between lots 12843 and 16735, Mukim Bukit Raja, here between 10pm on Oct 19 and 1am on Oct 20.

The atmosphere in the High Court complex here today (the fourth day of trial) was also less chaotic with things appearing to have settled down, unlike the first two days when just about everbody wanted to get a glimpse of the characters involved. Even Altantuya's cousin Burmaa Oyunchimeg or better known as Amy, who is to be a prosecution witness, cooperated with the media in allowing pictures of her to be taken when she came out of the witness room accompanied by Mongolia's Honorary Consul in Malaysia, Datuk Syed Abdul Rahman Alhabshi. Amy, who all this while had been camera-shy and always wore large dark glasses, today wore a hat and had removed the shades.

She even managed a smile while acknowledging the photographers. Razak's family members arrived at the court at 7.50am today while the three accused were brought in by the police at 8.30am. On arrival Abdul Razak had a smile on and waved to the gathered family members. Also seen were Azilah and his fiancee's family members and Sirul's younger sister. Altantuya's father Shaariibuu Setev and her cousins arrived at the court at 10.10am.

PI: Razak Baginda did not ask me to kill Altantuya

SHAH ALAM (June 21, 2007): Private investigator P. Balasubramaniam told the High Court here today that throughout his service with Abdul Razak Abdullah Baginda, the political analyst had never asked him to kill or injure Mongolian Altantuya Shaariibuu. He was hired primarily to stop Altantuya from harassing Abdul Razak, he said under cross-examination by Abdul Razak's counsel, Wong Kian Kheong, on the fourth day of the Altantuya murder trial.

Abdul Razak, 46, is charged with abetting Chief Insp Azilah Hadri and Cpl Sirul Azhar to commit the murder in the Federal Territory between 9.54am on Oct 18 and 9.45pm the following day. Azilah, 30, and Sirul Azhar Umar, 35, of the Bukit Aman Special Action Squad are alleged to have murdered Altantuya, 28, at a location between lots 12843 and 16735, Mukim Bukit Raja, here between 10pm on Oct 19 and 1am on Oct 20. Asked about his experience as a private investigator, Balasubramaniam said there were clients who hired him to investigate private matters which they did not want to report to the police, Bernaa reported today. Balasubramaniam agreed with five suggestions put to him by Wong on why Abdul Razak did not want to lodge a police report against Altantuya who was said to be harassing him in his office and home. The suggestions were that Abdul Razak did not want publicity, did not want anything to happen to Altantuya and that Abdul Razak's lawyer had told Balasubramaniam to wait for Altantuya to run out of money and return to Mongolia.The other two suggestions were that Abdul Razak would be leaving for Hongkong on Oct 24, 2006, on the first day of Hari Raya Puasa and that Balasumbraniam had deployed his men at the hotel where Altantuya and her two friends were staying and also at Abdul Razak's office. Asked whether he agreed that based on these five points, there was no need for Abdul Razak to lodge a report, Balasubramaniam said: "I agree."

= = == = Video Clip (2 min 48s -speeded up 15%, 7.2 MB Wmv Medium Quality ) Day 4 Trial

= = == = == = == = =


Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Baginda is innocent, he should just come out in the open and tell who is the culprit. Why should he be punished and let the guilty ones get away ? His stupid lawyer wife also do not know how to think.

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is not charged with murder. he is charged with abet to murder. which is punishable to the same extent as the actual perpetrator of the offence. and there is evidence(refer to day 1 of the trial). and that is why someone asked him to plead guilty. because if he does not plead guilty, someone from the higher ministerial post will be involved with the releasing of the C4 explosives. which the ministerial posts are not willing to risk because of the impact it might do to the general election.

and he also said that if he had the intentions to murder Altantuya, he would have hired a contract killer from another country to do the job. so as not to get caught. which in my interpretation means that there was a possibility that he might just do so.

and also Abdul Razak also don't know how to think. he could have just asked someone from higher authority to deport her from Malaysia no need to waste everyones time.

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Fariz said...

No I disagree with both the comments above mine.

ARB doesn't sound like a stupid person. I'm sure to get to his position he must know how to use his brains. So far it's quite obvious that the ARB did not want any untoward harm to come to Altuntaya. So whoever did kill her, did it under someone else's orders.

The mongolian family sound really dodgy to me. The testimonials keep changing. And remember that the father is a professor in psychology. So I'm sure he knows how to press the right buttons in court!

As for the first comment "If Baginda is innocent, he should just come out in the open and tell who is the culprit"...if he was innocent, does that automatically mean he knows who are guilty? I'm wondering who is more stupid, you? or the cretin after you?

Just some friendly advice for the two of you...if you don't have anything clever to say, don't say anything.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get complete protection against viruses, worms and Trojan horse programs – CA Anti-Virus 2008! Click here for cheap hotels
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Multidimid. Make your own badge here.
Blogroll Me!

Your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Add to Google Add to Google