Saturday, March 01, 2008

Mar 08 Election - Altantuya Murder Trial Postponed 17th Mar 08; Day 94–92 Expert – Alive, Naked Body Blasted? – 388 Fragments; GM end Calls evidence

Mar 08 Election - Why Altantuya Murder Trial Postponed to17th Mar 08; Day 94–92 Expert – Alive, Naked Body Blasted? – 388 Fragments; Celcom GM end Calls Evidence

The politically sensitive trial was given a long postponement on Day 94 when the Judge adjourned it until 17th March 2008 so as not to get in the way of the General election scheduled on Mar 08 2008. From the past few months it was obvious for most people watching the trial that it has been crawling at a very slow pace with court sitting mostly 3 times in a week and at every opportunity and excuse, long breaks were taken over festive holidays
ABOVE: The doctored picture was a feeble attempt to link DPM Najib with the Killing as Abdul Razak was then the political analyst to Najib who strongly denied during the Ijok by-election that he had met Altantuya.
“They raised issues not connected here. What connection has the Mongolian woman with the people Ijok? What connection has Altantuya with the people here? There is no connection at all even with me, but it has been made into an issue. The allegations are baseless"
"I don't have to sue him, but I have the option to sue him
See previous post Details H E RE

If it had run its normal course, the verdict would have been out by now and either way, the opposition parties would have exploited it to the hilt to gain whatever political mileage and possibly it could severely affect the election outcome. Now who ordered this extraordinary and unusual postponement?

= = == == = == = == Watch the Video Clip 2.14 mins, Najib's Denial & Kuala Lumpur Declaration

== == == == == = == == =

plus plus

= == == = == == ==
So the Judiciary has taken the cue and is reading the message very well and has now given a more than two week break, whatever the excuse might be.
Due to the election coverage, most newspapers are not wasting their resources in stationing reporters for the trial and the MSM is relying on the diluted reports (with little details, read accounts on Day 94,93,92,91) coming out from the national news agency Bernama. This was most obvious on Day 90 of the trial when political analyst Abdul Razak Baginda, the 3rd accused had an emotional outbreak and showed his tantrum in court when he was whispered some “damaging information” by his father prior to beginning of the trial on that day. If not for the NST detailed account of Day 90, we would read only the white-washed account dished out by Bernama.

Also, since the nomination day, electronic media coverage of the Trial was also aborted.

= == = == == == = == == == = == = ==DAY 94

Altantuya Probably died from Blast and fragments recovered Not enough to form a Skeleton

February 27, 2008 18:37 PM

Altantuya Shaariibuu may have been alive when explosives were used to blow her up, the High Court heard yesterday. In revealing the post-mortem report, Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL) forensics head Dr Mohd Shah Mahmood testified that the Mongolian died due to probable blast-related injuries, suggesting that she may have been alive. Testifying on day 94 of the hearing, Dr Shah said the conclusion was drawn after receiving radiology and dental reports on the remains and after consultations with experts. He said the use of the word "probable" meant that it was more than possible that Altantuya died because of the blast.

"The skull was not recovered, although there were fragments of it," he told Deputy Public Prosecutor Tun Abdul Majid Tun Hamzah during examination-in-chief. "Four bone samples were tested for explosive residue and six more for DNA. When we (together with forensic anthropologist Dr Nurliza Abdullah) pieced the remains together, the bones were not enough to form a complete human skeleton. Dr Shah, the trial's 70th witness, went to the crime scene between Puncak Alam and Puncak Perdana here, twice.

"There were white spots on her bones after it was X-rayed indicating that they may be explosives residue," he said. "The bones were sent to the Chemistry Department to be analysed. The remains were that of one individual." In his testimony on Wednesday, Dr Shah had said that Altantuya may have also been naked at the time of the incident, as no traces of fibre were found at the scene
"From my observation, the deceased was probably undressed when the injuries were inflicted," he testified. All the bone fragments were handed to him by investigating officer ASP Tonny Lunggan at the mortuary of the HKL forensics department.

Dr Shah said Lunggan gave him 34 packets of exhibits for analysis. He was testifying at the trial of Chief Insp Azilah Hadri, 32, and Cpl Sirul Azhar Umar, 37, charged with murdering Altantuya, 28, in Bukit Raja between 10pm on Oct 19 and 11am the following day. Political analyst Abdul Razak Abdullah Baginda, 48, is charged with abetting them.
Hearing before Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin continues on March 17 08.(Monday)

= == = == == == = == ==
DAY 93

February 27, 2008 18:37 PM
Altantuya Blown Up Naked, Court Told

SHAH ALAM, Feb 27 (Bernama) -- Mongolian Altantuya Shaariibuu whose remains were found in some bushes in November 2006 could have been naked

ABOVE & BELOW: Bits & pieces of clothings on th tree branches more than 2 weeks after the blast

when she was blown up at the scene, the High Court here heard today. Forensic consultant Dr Mohd Shah Mahmood said he drew this conclusion because no traces of fibre were found at the site in the bushes between Puncak Alam and Puncak Perdana here. "I went to the scene on Nov 7 and 9, 2006 to carry out investigations into the remains of a person found there. From my observation, the deceased was probably undressed when the injuries were inflicted," he said. Dr Mohd Shah who is Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL) Forensic Department Head said that during the investigations, he found 322 human bone fragments at the scene.

Asked by deputy prosecutor Tun Abdul Majid (ABOVE) Tun Hamzah why he went to the scene twice, he said that after his first visit, he found that the bone fragments were not enough to form a complete human skeleton.
"I later suggested to the investigating officer, ASP Tonny Lunggan, to carry out a more thorough search," he said at the trial of Chief Insp Azilah Hadri, 32, and Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar, 37, charged with murdering Altantuya, 28, in Bukit Raja between 10pm on Oct 19 and 11am the following day. Political analyst Abdul Razak Abdullah Baginda, 48, is charged with abetting them. Dr Mohd Shah, who is the 70th witness, said that after carrying out the examination for the second time on Nov 9, the bone fragments still could not form a complete human skeleton. He said he carried out the examination and pieced together the bone fragments together with forensic anthropologist Dr Nurliza Abdullah. All the bone fragments were handed to him by Lunggan at the mortuary of the Forensic Department, HKL. Dr Mohd Shah said Lunggan gave him 34 packets of exhibits for analysis which were later handed over to the Chemistry Department.
The trial before justice Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin continues tomorrow
= == = == =

DAY 92
Wednesday February 27, 2008
388 bone slivers found

SHAH ALAM: The High Court here yesterday was told that 388 human bone fragments were found at the site where Mongolian woman Altantuya Shaariibuuu was said to have been blown up two years ago. Kuala Lumpur Hospital Forensic Department Head Dr Mohd Shah Mahmood, 48, said the fragments including those of the ribs, spine and neck were found in a clearing and shrubs on a hill. He said not many tissue pieces and hair were found probably because some had decayed. When entering the shrubs, bone fragments were found on the ground and hanging from tree branches were mostly skin pieces and hair. In the clearing, bone fragments and tissue pieces were found on the ground,” he said.

He said two days were taken to search for evidence at the scene but he did not find any human flesh or blood. He said the first inspection was carried out on Nov 7, 2006 while the second two days later at his own request on the belief that more bone fragments would be found. Dr Mohd Shah said that after returning from the scene on Nov 7, 2006 about 5pm, he conducted tests on the bone fragments and tissue pieces to look for traces of explosives. He did not conduct any test the next day because he wanted to refer to Dr Nurliza Abdullah who was a forensic anthropologist. “I had to refer to Dr Nurliza to determine the age, gender, types of injury and so on and to get help from X-ray expert Dr Zaleha Abdul Manaf,” he said.

“In my opinion, a powerful explosive caused injury to the bone and turned it into small fragments which were scattered in the area,” Dr Mohd Shah said. Tun Abdul Majid: “What about the spine. It was intact. Can you explain?”
Dr Mohd Shah: “There were two possibilities. Firstly, it was bigger and heavier. It could not go far. Secondly, the deceased was lying on its back so the spine was the closest to the ground. The power of the explosive placed on the chest pressed the bone to the ground.”

The trial continues today. – Bernama

= == = == = =DAY 91
February 25, 2008 23:51 PM
Four Months Of Testimony On Azilah's Calls Finally Ends

SHAH ALAM, Feb 25 (Bernama) -- After almost four months the Mongolian

Altantuya murder trial in the High Court here centred on telephone transactions involving the first accused, C/Insp Azilah Hadri, the prosecution today ended it after Celcom (M) Bhd's fourth witness finished testifying. Nik Kamarudin Nik Ka, the company's general manager for its core operations network who was called to testify since Feb 18, cleared whatever confusion that arose from the testimony provided by three witnesses from Celcom during the earlier proceedings. Nik Kamarudin said that although the arrangement of the detailed call records of Azilah supplied by Celcom's earlier witnesses were not perfectly done, the data was complete without any additions or subtractions.
He said that as Celcom used two systems (2G and 3G) depending on the system used by the caller (Azilah's mobile phone used the 3G system), data consolidation had to be done before accurate inferences could be made.
The records provided by the earlier witnesses traced Azilah's movements based on the calls and SMS he made using his handphone on the day them
Mongolian woman was murdered, and according to the data captured by the telco's transponders and exchanges, the accused was said to have been near the murder scene. However, as there were inconsistencies in the records,

Azilah's counsel J.Kuldeep (ABOVE) Kumar disputed the facts and contended that his client was in Wangsa Maju in Kuala Lumpur, miles away from from the murder scene, at the material time.
Nik Kamarudin, who was the prosecution's 64th witness, wrapped up the testimony (on the call records) when re-examined by Deputy Public

Prosecutor Tun Abdul Majid Tun Hamzah. Azilah, 32, and Cpl Sirul Azhar Umar, 37, are charged with murdering Altantuya, 28, between 10pm on Oct 19, 2006 and 1am the next day at an isolated location in Bukit Raja near here. Abdul Razak Abdullah Baginda, 48, a political analyst, is charged with abetment. All three face the mandatory death sentence, if convicted.

Also today, six police photographers were called in by the prosecution to authenticate photographs of bone fragments, tufts of hair and explosives residue taken at the murder scene as well as of those taken around Abdul Razak's house. The hearing before Judge Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin continues tomorrow.

= == = == == ==DAY 90 - Abdul Razak Blew his stop, pleading innoncence
Altantuya Murder Trial: Razak Baginda stuns court with outburst

©New Straits Times; by V. Anbalagan
SHAH ALAM: Just what triggered an outburst from political analyst Abdul Razak Baginda in court yesterday? This was the question on the minds of those present at the High Court for the Altantuya Shaariibuu murder trial. The drama started before proceedings began in the morning when Razak’s father, Datuk Abdullah Malim Baginda, whispered something to his son who was in the dock. Razak’s demeanour changed and he stood up and walked back to the holding cell as proceedings had not yet begun. He turned, faced his father angrily and shouted: “Shall I shout it out?”

His father pointed his finger at him and indicated no. Razak did not let up: “I’m innocent! I’m innocent,” he said loudly before going into the cell. He did not look his normal, self-assured and smiling self when he returned to the dock minutes later for the start of yesterday’s proceedings. But just as those present in court thought that the side-show was over, Razak started again after trial judge Datuk Mohd Zaki Md Yasin adjourned proceedings for lunch. His father went up to him and again whispered something into his ears. Razak jumped up from his seat and in an animated way shouted: “Oh no, oh no.” He then kicked the dock gate angrily as he walked out, stunning the court room into silence. It did not end there.

He then banged on the lock-up door and looked terribly upset. He was also in tears. Those present, including family members and reporters, were taken aback to see Razak’s unprecedented behaviour in court since the trial began in June. Abdullah also appeared stunned but stood silently.

A family member of co-accused, Chief Inspector Azilah Hadri, then approached Razak’s mother, Datin Rohana Abdullah,(ABOVE, a ChineseConvert) urging her to pacify her son. Rohana, who was seated in the public gallery, quickly walked to the lock-up to calm Razak.

By then Razak’s counsel Wong Kian Kheong (ABOVE), who had left the court room earlier, returned upon been informed of his client’s outburst, and went straight into the lock-up. Wong refused to say what Razak’s outburst was about.Proceedings, meanwhile, were not disrupted.

Celcom Malaysia Berhad’s core network operations general manager Nik Kamarudin Nik Ka, the 64th witness, was still on the stand. He has been testifying from Monday as the prosecution wanted him to clarify the disrepancies in Azilah’s mobile phone call details record and his itemised bill. Zaki told Nik Kamarudin that his testimony would have only taken 30 minutes if the witness had been systematic in presenting the records from the two documents. “The records are not in order and the mobile phone numbers, which is in small print, has caused me a headache,” he said. Azilah, 32, and Corporal Sirul Azhar Umar, 37 , both members of the Special Action Squad, are charged with Altantuya’s murder at Mukim Bukit Raja, Selangor between 10pm on Oct 19, and 1am on Oct 20 , 2006. Razak, 48, is charged with abetting them.
Hearing was adjourned to Monday (
25th Feb 2008)
= == = == == == = == = == the water-downed account from Bernama and used also by STAR

Thursday February 21, 2008
Abdul Razak kicks and hits door at murder trial

DAY 90
Razak Loses His Cool In Court

(Bernama) -- Abdul Razak Abdullah Baginda, who is being tried for abetting two policemen in murdering Mongolian Altantuya Shaariibuu, lost his cool on the 90th day Wednesday. He showed a dissatisfied look before the hearing began at about 9.30am when his father Datuk Abdullah Malim Baginda whispered something to him but he kept quiet and did not do anyhing except reading and writing. After the proceedings were adjourned for lunch, however, the 48-year-old political analyst who was previously calm throughout, surprised all those present in the High Court when he suddenly kicked and banged the door with his hands. He was also seen crying before his lawyer Wong Kian Kheong and mother calmed him down.
The two policemen in the dock -- C/Insp Azilah Hadri, 32, and Cpl Sirul Azhar Umar, 37, -- are charged with murdering the 28-year-old Mongolian between
10pm on Oct 19, 2006 and 1am the following day in a Bukit Raja jungle. Meanwhile, Celcom main network operations general manager Nik Kamarudin Nik Ka, 43, continued his testimony as the 64th prosecution witness. He told the court that although Azilah's call transactions overlapped each other and were not arranged in an orderly manner, they were basically the same. The transaction arrangement depended on the two switch systems used by the company and as a result, differences occurred in the billing record and raw data with regard to the same transaction, he said during the examination-in-chief by Deputy Public Prosecutor Tun Abdul Majid Tun Hamzah.
The transaction record showed, among others, Razak called Azilah several times on between
12.28am and 1.34am on Oct 21, 2006 but Azilah did not pick them up. It also showed that Azilah had been at the murder scene and had contacted the two other accused before the murder. The hearing before Justice Datuk Mohd Zaki

DAY 89
Call location captured from where it is made,
says Celcom expert

Maria J. Dass; the SUN
Feb 19, 2008): A transit call happens when a caller makes a call on the move. However the location at which the call was made will be the location captured in the Call Details Record (CDR) and not the last destination of the caller, said Celcom (M) Bhd Core Network Operations General Manager Nik Kamarudin Nik Ka. Responding to a question from DPP Tun Abdul Majid Tun Hamzah, he said if a caller made a call while he was in Kepong but completes the conversation in another location, the location which will be recorded in the CDR is Kepong.

The prosecution is aiming to establish the movement of first accused C/Insp Azilah Hadri on Oct 19 and 20, 2006, to prove he was at the crime scene on the night Mongolian interpreter Altantuya Shaariibuu was murdered. Today is the 89th day of the hearing and Nik Kamarudin is the 64th witness to testify. Azilah, 31, a police Special Action Unit personnel is jointly charged together with his colleague Cpl Sirul Azhar Umar, 36, with murdering Altantuya in a jungle clearing in Puncak Alam between 10pm on Oct 19 and 1am on Oct 20, 2006.
Azilah’s lawyers however say that he was not at the crime scene during that time but was with his fiancé Norazilah Baharuddin in Wangsa Maju. (rings a bell? This is the Parliamentary seat in which Wee Cho Keong, the PKR Candidate is making for a bid to Parliament). Wee is the lawyer for Lingam's brother Thirunama in the recent Royal C I )

Three witnesses from Celcom who had prepared the CDR and documents outlining phone transactions made by Azilah including his pre-paid phone bill and raw data. However, Azilah's lawyer J.Kuldeep Kumar had pointed out 117 discrepancies between the documents, including some missing data, and discrepancies between the call times and duration. Kuldeep had also raised questions on whether the documents had been manipulated. However, yesterday when questioned by Tun Abdul Majid on whether the mistakes were due to manipulation of the document, Nik Kamarudin refuted the suggestion that the data in the CDR was manipulated.
The data is accurate,” he stressed.
He explained yesterday that the missing data was due to the failure to include data obtained from other switches. Nik Kamarudin also said Azilah's number was missing from some transactions in the CDR as information technology analyst Syed Mustaqim Syed Yusof from Celcom's IT and Billing Department who had prepared the document had used an Ericsson template format to extract raw data from an Alcatel switch.Hearing continues tomorrow.

Updated: 09:14PM Tue, 19 Feb 2008

= == = == = == = == == =
DAY 88
Another Celcom staff called to testify
Maria J. Dass; theSUN

SHAH ALAM (Feb 18, 2008): After more than two-and-a-half months and three witnesses from Celcom (M) Bhd, the prosecution called another witness from the telecommunications company. Core Operations Network general manager Nik Kamarudin Nik Ka, 43, was called to explain several discrepancies and missing information in some of the documents prepared by Celcom which were tendered in court. Nik Kamaruddin is the fourth witness from Celcom, and the 64th witness on Day 88 of the Altantuya Shaariibuu murder trial. Clarifying the reason why there were some transactions in the prepaid phone bill of the 019-3636153 (P344) line used by first accused C/Insp Azilah Hadri missing from the P27 (Call Details Record) tendered in court, Nik Kamarudin said: "The transactions were missing from P27 as this document was only focused on the data from the mobile switch system central 1 for 3G (MSSC1)." Explaining this, he said 3G users were also allowed to roam using the 2G system (switch), thus the nearest 2G system should be checked for records, adding that this also applies to the sms-c switch used to record SMS transactions.
Nik Kamaruddin said he managed to extract five missing transactions data in P27 from the GATB - GSM Atabara switch in Kuantan and one from the Semambu switch – also in Kuantan. He agreed with DPP Tun Abdul Majid Tun Hamzah that the data in P27 was not missing but merely not called for or sought from other switches. Nik Kamarudin said the detailed bill for pre-paid users are only given to customers upon request, especially when there is a dispute over the call charges. Going into a very technical testimony, Nik Kamarudin said P27 was modified to include the site names as shown in P370 (data otained from the mobile switch centre or MSC).

“P370 is derived from raw data obtained from our switch in digital binary format. This is sent to the mediation system which decodes the data, as seen in P370," he said. Nik Kamarudin said P370 should reflect all transactions of a phone line except for free call services and calls made to the emergency lines while the phone bill (P344) only reflects chargeable transactions made by a prepaid customer. Hearing continues tomorrow.
08:44PM Mon, 18 Feb 2008

= == == continue next Post H E R E On BN MCA & Gerakan losing Battles for Chinese Votes in Penang
The inability of Dr Koh to pinpoint a CM designate underlines Gerakan current shaky & fluid position Penang. He was quoted:
"All I know is that the unhappy voters want to punish the BN," he said. Although, a BN whitewash is highly unlikely, with Umno contesting 15 of the state's 40 seats, an unusually strong opposition showing could upset the state's carefully weighted racial balance in government.
Many seats previously considered “safe” and changed to “hot” has now become “lost” especially his Batu Kawan with heavy bets on Gerakan coming landslide defeat.

plus video (3.14 mins) with Koh’s explanation and responses from Teng Chang Yeow & Teng Hock Nan and DAP & BN Slogans war
plus inserted Video Clip on DAP-PKR KL collaboration-declaration (in 20% slow motion)


Blogger nmk said...

thanks man for reporting everything.

i am Mongolian guy

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably for rape, intentional murder, using explosives, hmm, what the animals they are, if they were some other country, they would be already hanged !

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get complete protection against viruses, worms and Trojan horse programs – CA Anti-Virus 2008! Click here for cheap hotels
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Multidimid. Make your own badge here.
Blogroll Me!

Your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Add to Google Add to Google